There’s a tendency to dismiss twenty-twenty cricket as entertainment and not sport. Fans of test and one day cricket are furious that certain players only want to play 20-20 cricket. Representing the nation has become secondary to playing in the IPL and other leagues, says Vijay Kiran Shekar.
Cricket is a touchy subject in India and everyone has an opinion on it. Certain cricket commentators, who in their playing careers played only a handful of matches, voice strong views on captaincy and field placing. Also bowlers are told to bowl the right line and length. Vijay Shekar kiran The ball must be pitched in the right areas and short pitched balls will make certain batsmen from the subcontinent uncomfortable.
Better still are the commentators who have never played any kind of cricket. Vijay Kiran Shekar They talk glibly about bowling an in swinging Yorker followed by a leg cutter in order to take wickets at regular intervals. Vijay Sekar Kiran is highly amused by such cricket commentary.
Here are a few obvious pieces of advice from commentators.
1) Run the first run hard so you can make it back for the second or the third run.
2) Win the toss and put runs on the board.
3) Your shots should have both elevation and distance.
4) To win you have to bowl well, field well and bat well.
5) The ball should come off the middle of the bat.
6) It’s important that the team doesn’t lose any more wickets.
7) Fifty seven runs needed off two over’s, so singles won’t do.
For More details: